July 25, 2009

The boys

Things are going very well for both boys right now. I cannot believe how much they both change everyday. I am amazed at how much I change each and every day with them. I never in a million years thought I would be able to love anyone as much as I love both my boys.

Alex is talking more than I ever imagined he would at 19.5 months. Of course, I had no idea how much they talked or did not talk at this age. He is amazing. Tonight in his bath he was picking up all of his bath toys and asking me "that" so I would name them. We went through duck, fish, octopus, penguin, turtle, frog, shark, and dolphin. He would do his best to repeat them to me. He has fish, duck, and sort of says octopus. It is great. Along with the talking we are trying to teach him more signs each day of words he cannot say. He knows eat, drink, please, more, and thank you. I am so proud of him and being is mom. Tonight as we were playing before bath time he would let me build a block tower and then knock them down and just laugh. By the end of play time he would not even allow me to build he would just knock them down. I laughed so hard. His little temper is something not to mess with. Let me tell you, my boy does not like the word "no" and he will let you know that. He wants to eat cookies and crackers all day long. Too bad for him I do not allow that. That is what grandparents are for. I am going to miss him when he goes back to daycare and I return to school. We have bonded so much over the past few months.

Joseph has really changed over the past few months. I cannot beleive all that he is able to do at 3 months. First of all, I cannot believe that he is already three months. That is crazy. He is able to pick his head up during tummy time on the floor and on my chest. He does not like to be on the floor for very long. That is why I went and bought the bumbo chair and he absolutely loves it. He sat it in today for 15 minutes and then did 5 minutes of tummy time. He is learning how to play his toys. I bought him and baby einstein catepillar for his car seat and he played with today on our car ride. I was completely amazed. He has already rolled over 3 times from stomach to back. YEA! I cannot wait for him to do it from back to stomach. I put him on the floor all the time now and he does not cry. That means I am abled to clean and cook more. Ryan is happy about that. Also, ever since we have gotten him on prevacid he has been sleeping better. In fact he has been sleeping through the night for two weeks. I mean we put him down to bed at 8:30 - 9:00pm and he will sleep until 7 or 8 am. I am getting a full nights sleep if I go to bed on time. I am scared to leave him with the daycare because he has not been away from me for 3 months. We have a strong bond. But I do know his teacher because she was Alex's and she is going to be great with him. It will be a good thing for Joseph though to begin the socialization process. I am so proud of him and being his mommy.

Needless to say life is good right now with the way things are....that is all going to change on August 3 when they go back to daycare again. I need that week to get used to it myself. I go back to work August 10 and that is when chaos and a new schedule will begin....fun stuff!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment