February 3, 2010

Teething

So, I must say that teething is one of the worst times for babies and toddlers. Last night Joseph was up all night crying and in discomfort. There was nothing I could do to help him. Poor thing had a fever, runny nose, cough and could not get his fingers out of his mouth. He slept in my bed most of the night until I had to get up because Alex was awake when Ryan left. Alex did fall asleep on the couch so I got back in bed to try and catch a nap with Joseph. I only woke up because Alex was calling, "Mommy, where are you?" Needless to say we were all up with Joseph last night. I have to say, I am glad that I do not work because at least I can stay in my PJs all day and nap when the boys go down for the afternoon nap.

Joseph is not a happy teether. Of course, he has gotten 4 teeth in the last month and a half. I know for a fact he is working on more because this is the only time he gets a fever and cannot sleep. I wish I knew of other remedies to make him feel better. I cannot go another night with no sleep. I have so much to do around the house and I want to take the boys out.

Anyone have any ideas of how to help Joseph with teething besides the obvious?

1 comment:

  1. I don't have any advice for the teething as Quinn didn't really have reactions like this. But from experience, I can tell you to watch for signs of an ear infection. When Quinn cut several teeth at once (or in a short amount of time) he would get either one ear or a double ear infection. Over half of his ear infections coincided with cutting teeth.

    Sorry you had such a tough night...but there is nothing wrong with a pajama day! (P.S...Quinn slept all night in his bed...finally!!)

    ReplyDelete