So we have been in Goldsboro for a month which means I have been a stay at home mom for one month.....Man, so much has happened, so time for an update....
First of all, you would think that I would have more time to blog being at home, but my two boys keep me very busy....we never have a dull moment. I am going to try to do a better job of keeping you all updated with life in Goldsboro.
So, since we have been here and I have been home Alex has gone from talking to never stop talking. He can count to 20 (most of the time with a little help from me). He can count to 15 on his own. He knows most of his ABCs. Alex has started to sing with some of the toddler songs he knows. I have tried to get it all on tape, but never can because he then gets interested in my camera or phone. Potty training has become the worst thing I could ever have to do with him. He may just not be ready, but I sure wish he was. He refuses to put on a diaper, but will not use the potty. He would much rather run around the house without anything on. I just cannot bring myself to allow him to do that. He will sit on the potty for a long time and then not use, but as soon as he gets a diaper on or in the bath he will go to the bathroom and then insist on a diaper change. Which tells me he knows how to hold it. I am frustrated, but trying to remember that he is only 2. I have plenty of time before preschool to get him potty trained. Although, sending him somewhere at 3 would be nice!!! He is adjusting well to being home with me all day. He is a very big help doing laundry, dishses, cooking dinner, vaccuming, and so on. I hate that right now he does not feel good because his last molars are coming in. So many changed for him, but we cannot forget about Joseph and what he is going through either!
My little Joseph will be 9 months on Wednesday and I thuoght this was the easy part. Because he has been crawling since 6 months he is now pulling up and trying to walk around using furniture. I am so not ready for him to be walking yet. Although using the stairs would be easier. He has 4 teeth already fully through, but right now 3 more are cutting, 2 have cut and 1 is on its way. He is miserable. He has a runny nosey and breaking out. He cries and wants to be held all the time. Soon this time will be over and no more teeth will be cutting. But that means my baby will be a toddler and then Alex will be in school....AHHHHH! Joseph has started doing more babbling. He now says Mamama on a constent basis, especially when he wants me to hold him. He says dada some times. I am just glad he says mamama a lot. I love the sound of that. He is feeding himself now which means I can actually eat at meal times. He dances when he hears music. I love that! Especially when he and Alex dance and play together!
Now, on to me....I am doing really well. I cook dinner every night and it is usually ready by the time Ryan gets home. I have really enjoyed cooking. But I really love it helps us stay on budget for the month for food and groceries. I was telling him that I have never cooked this much in all my life. I am pretty good. I have joined a mommy group and gotten active with in it. I found a MOPs group but have not been in town when they have met. I will go in February! I am very excited for that time because they have a nursery. My meet up group is usually a lot of playgroups for the boys, stroller fitness, and then once a month a game night just for the moms. I am looking forward to that time with grown ups! Ryan and I are getting along great now that he loves his job and I am at home with no one telling me what to do and how to do it (Like I was when teaching).
I am very blessed for this time at home with my children to see them grow up. I miss everyone from Winston. We will be coming home very soon to finish painting the house. When we do we will be sure to visit!! Love you all!
January 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I enjoyed your update, and it reminded me of all the reasons I stay home!
ReplyDelete