December 17, 2009

Two More Day

It is hard to believe that I only have two more day of work. I have been waiting for this day for a few months now. It is Thursday before my last Friday and my students are taking a three week assessment test and then blogging on their page about this first semester. So, I am taking a few moments to blog about my life and reflect before the hassel of moving.

I love my job as a teacher and I have enjoed the past 8 years of it. I am about to have a new challenge and I am going to embrace it with all my might. I will be staying home with my boys and being their mom. I am a bit nervous about what I am going to do with them when we are home all day, but I am sure I will manage. Alex is getting puzzles and learning cds for Christmas so I know that I will be able to continue teaching him until he is in preschool. I have taught 2 through 5 grades, but never any of the little ones....good thing I know K teachers who can give me some guidance.

As I sit here and think about what tomorrow means, I am happy and sad all at the same time, if that is possible. People think I am crazy for being sad about not working, but it is what I have known for 8 years. I am not sure I know what it means to slow down and relax and really enjoy being a mom. Any advice from the stay at home mommmies......

I will post again tomorrow about my last day at work and how I feel.

Much Love!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I can definitely relate to what you are about to experience. I went from teaching full-time to staying home full-time with one little ones, and another on the way...and moving. Where we had been living, I was constantly surrounded by fellow teachers, friends, and school parents, and a church that I loved. We moved here to be closer to family, but making friends was really hard when I was at home with the kids all day. I felt EXTREMELY lonely...until I joined MOPS. The best thing you can do is find a MOPS group and join it. It will provide you with friends, fellowship, a break from the kids, advise, field trips and playdates, and most importantly, the peace of knowing that you are not alone. Also, check at your local library for story time. At our library (North Davidson), they do a story, songs, fingerplays, games, a craft, sometimes a snack...and it is all free, and geared for preschool-age kids.

    One more bit of advise, since you asked...I know you are a very scheduled person. That is great, and I could probably learn a lot by spending the day with you! However, I just want to encourage you that it is OK if things do not always go as planned. Staying home with the kids is NOT EASY (in those early days, I often wished I could go back to work), and sometimes you just have to let things go. It may take some time of adjustment since the kids are not used to having you all the time and staying home.

    Hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You miss seeing you at church already. God's blessings on your family as you move and as you start your new job as stay-at-home Mommy. It is the greatest adventure :)

    ReplyDelete